Mold often live in places where there is moisture. It is often neglected because the cause hides in between walls. You might not think mold inspection is essential, but after reading this, contact us now to inspect your place.
Although bathrooms and basements are the typical areas where mold growth is present, there are also areas that are prone to mold growth. Damp and dark places are often the hiding spots of mold growth. Some places such as drywall, ceiling tiles, carpets, furniture, ductwork, roofing, paneling, wallpaper, and other areas where there are pipes are other possible places for mold growth.
Your health concerns should be dealt with by a professional. We are just giving you a little information about the effects of fungi in your everyday living.
Initial reaction from molds is an allergy. You might have a runny nose or sneeze a lot in only a particular room. The mold fungi can give you an allergic reaction. It is not quickly developed; you might only see it after some years. Also, it is not an excellent idea to live or work in the mold-infested environment.
- Ingesting Mold
People sometimes accidentally ingest food that has mold growth. We should not let our families put moldy items in their mouths. There will be severe adverse health effects when you ingest molds, due to mycotoxins present in molds.
- Inhaling Molds
There is no proper evidence to show that there is an effect when one inhales mold, but it does not mean that inhaling molds are safe to our health. Although it might not have a direct impact on your help, we should not set aside and let it grow.
- Is it possible to eliminate mold?
Inspect thoroughly all the areas that may have pipes or may have access to moisture. Controlling these pests is vital. Mold spores will not grow if there is no moisture.
Here are some tips to know and destroy molds in your home:
- Look for possible leaks in plumbing, have it repaired and replaced if needed.
- Dehumidifying air during wet seasons can help reduce moisture buildup.
- Avoid using carpets or any other rugs in your basements of bathrooms.
- Having proper ventilation in your home can prevent or control the moisture level in your house.
- Open bathroom windows when you are showering.
- Clothes dryers and stoves should be placed outside if possible.
- Turn on the vent whenever possible, this will eliminate the source of moisture in your house.
- Scrub tiles, walls, window sills and other hard surfaces and let it dry. These places are a favorite of mold growth.
- Know that you need a pro. We should address the problem now, rather than having a bigger problem in the future.
Cleaning molds is dependent to the extent of contamination.
With the help of CLOWES HOME INSPECTION, we assure you that we will address your situation and fix it accordingly. We give the best solutions that is fitted to your needs.